Tuesday 6 May 2008

Smoking!

As a smoker myself i found this lecture very interesting as it gave many reasons as to why people might start smoking;

they think it's cool

It's something their parents did

Peer pressure

I never really felt any of these pressures really made me feel like i had to smoke. All of my friends tried smoking at the same time, we got one cigarette and tried it between us behind some sheds at school! I instantly liked it, i didn't cough or feel sick i loved it1 i think that's why I've always found it so hard to stop (which i know i should). However even as a smoker i agree with the idea behind the smoking ban in pubs etc it's not everyone else in the pub's fault that i smoke so they shouldn't have to breath in my smoke. Still this is not satisfying to some people, i was standing outside, with all the other smoking rejects o Saturday night when a non smoker walked through and started complaining about us being there!!! Where do these people want us to smoke? Smoking is seen as being bad but it's not illegal so we have just as much right to be outside as anyone else. Most of my non smoking friends moan about the ban as every half an hour they are left to sit inside the pub on their own!!!

To check out some facts on the effects of smoking have a look at ;

No comments: